Service, Accessibility & Attention Our Law Firm Cares Deeply About The People We Serve

How Do I Modify My Child Custody Arrangement?

When a married couple with children files for divorce, one of the issues which must be addressed, before the court will issue an official dissolution of the marriage, is who will retain custody of the children. Once a child custody arrangement has been reached between the two parties, and been approved by the court, it becomes a key part of the final court documents. It also becomes also a legally-enforceable court order. If you are interested in seeking modification of your child custody agreement, you are going to want to speak with a family law attorney at once. The most common reason for a parent to request a modification of a child custody arrangement is a dramatic change of life event.

Getting remarried, coming down with a sudden illness or sustaining a life-threatening injury, a change of employment status or a need to relocate to a different city or state can all be valid reasons a parent may want to pursue a modification of an existing child custody arrangement. In these types of cases, obtaining the modification you seek will depend heavily on your ability to prove the requested change is in the best interests of your child. Attempting to modify a child custody arrangement on your own is not advised. These types of changes have a much greater chance of success when pursued with the help of a proven family law attorney.

Our lawyers are more than qualified to help you seek a modification. We understand what the court is looking for and we have the skills necessary to present your case so as to achieve the most optimal results. At Dolan Ray Law, LLC you will be able to benefit from the professionalism and experience commonly found in large law firms, while at the same time getting the dedication and personalized attention to detail only seen in smaller firms. Our founding attorney has a BV Distinguished® on Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ and both of our attorneys have high ratings on Avvo.

To find out whether you may be eligible to obtain a modification of an existing child custody arrangement, contact a Reading & Pottstown family law attorney at our office.